Wednesday 4 January 2012

My 2012 Indie Travel list

This is week one and the first challenge from the BootsnAll team is here. For linking purposes and for any would be bloggers who are debating whether to get involved check it out here.

Well, where to start? On a lasting note of positivity with inspired notions of world travel to exotic destinations and life changing experiences? Sorry, afraid not. Possibly not in keeping with the true spirit of the blog but there you go. 2012 will see me complete my long overdue degree and so a significant portion of time and resources will have to be dedicated to that. So this is the grand travel dreams, micro style but definitely my style.

My current location is Eastbourne, UK.

- Improve and refine my hiking skills.
- Hike more sections of the South Downs Way Trail.
- Commit to saving a higher amount of my monthly wages for future travel projects.
- Visit and camp in the Lake District by the end of summer (this will be one more off the bucket list!).
- Learn to Kayak at the Seven Sisters Country Park.
- Get a free weekend at Cornbury festival by stewarding.
- Spend a weekend in the amazing Sheffield to watch the even more amazing snooker world championships.
- Complete my level one football coaching course to add a useful skill to my travel related CV.
- Attend an Olympic event....yes I do have a ticket!
- Meet old friends and new at Oktoberfest to celebrate the end of my studies.
- Spend Christmas with my family but be separated by at least two time zones by new years eve.
- Wake up on 1 January 2013 on  a beach in the Southern hemisphere.

So there it is. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but if I achieve all of these which is certainly possible then by this time next year I'll be all the better for it. 2012, the year for putting the past to bed, blogging and micro list dreams. Lets be having you!

No comments:

Post a Comment